Dr. Antonios Antoniou
PhD in Astrophysics
Faculty of Physics
Department of Astrophysics-Astronomy – Mechanics
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Home of Knowledge and Science of Chalkida
Curriculum Vitae (December 2013)
Kimi, Island Evia, Greece
Under- graduated studies:
University of Athens, Mathematics Department.
Post -graduated studies:
- Certificate in Computer Programming, University of Hagen, Germany (1994)
- Master in Education and Methodology of the Mathematics, University of Athens, Faculty of Mathematics (1999)
- Msc. Astrophysics, University of Athens, Faculty of Physics, Department of Astrophysics –Astronomy – Mechanics (2003).
- PhD in Astrophysics, University of Athens, Faculty of Physics, Department of Astrophysics –Astronomy – Mechanics (2007)
“Hyper-ionization phenomena in the coronal and post- coronal regions in the Oe stellar envelopes” (abstract)
Read the abstract of the doctoral dissertation.
* Click on the image below to read / download the entire content of PhD.
Supervisor: Prof. Emmanuel Danezis
- Hellenic Union of Mathematics
- Hellenic Astronomical Society (HelAS)
- German Union of Mathematics
- Hellenic Union of Physicists
- Satellite stellar spectroscopy of early type stars in the ultraviolet range of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Complex atmospherical structures in the environment of hot emission stars
1. Antoniou, A., Danezis, E., Lyratzi, E., Popovic, L. C, Dimitrijevic, M. S. “Kinematical parameters in the coronal and post-coronal regions of the Oe stars”, 2008, 24th Summer School and International Symposium on the Physics of Ionized Gases, (SPIG 2008), Novi Sad, Serbia.
2. Antoniou, A., Danezis, E., Lyratzi, E., Popovic, L. C, Dimitrijevic, M. S. “A new modelling approach for DACs and SACs regions in the atmospheres of hot emission stars” 2008, 2nd International Summer School on Stellar Atmospheres Belgrad, Serbia
Publications in Scientific Journals (Journal Articles)
33 publications in scientific journals (Journal Articles) according to: Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) (see “Publications in Scientific Journals”)
Publications in International Conferences’ Proceedings with referees (Conferences)
19 publications in conferences’ proceedings according to: Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) (see “Publications in Conferences’ Proceedings”)
Other Publications in International Conferences’ Proceedings
16 publications in international conferences proceedings (see “Other Publications in International Conferences’ Proceedings”)
Lectures -Contributions in other conferences with referees
6 lectures and contribution in PanHellenic Conferences with referees. (see “Lectures – Contributions in other conferences with referees”)
Lectures in open public
Invited speaker in more than 100 (December 2013) open meetings (see “Lectures”).
Many publications in the daily and periodical press (see “Publications in daily and periodical press”).
About 40 series and interviews on radio and TV (see “Radio broadcasts”).
- University of Athens, Department of Physics, Section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics (researcher position)
- Scientific Director in “Home of Knowledge and Science” of Chalkida
- Applied Mathematics, University of Peloponnisos, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Telecommunications Science and Technology (PD 407/80) (winter semester 2010-11 until today).
- Star Spectroscopy in post graduate students in the University of Athens, Department of Physics, Section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics (2004 until today).
- Astronomy and Mathematics through interactive objects and situations in the Home of Knowledge and Science of Chalkida (2007 until today).
- Mathematics, Astronomy and Physics in Lyceum (1985-2004).
4 Ageletou Str. GR- 34100 Chalkida, tel. +30 22210 82185
- National and Kapodistrian, University of Athens, Department of Physics, Section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics, GR-15784 Zografos (Athens), Greece. Phone: +30 21 07276792.
- “Home of Knowledge and Sience of Calkida”, 1 Karaoli, Dimitriou and Tziardini Str. (Red House) GR- 34100 Chalkida. Phone: +30 22210 77599.
This post is also available in Greek Version.